How It Works
The Hard Stuff
Tcl: The Glue
The Filemaker Solution
FileMaker on Unix
Request a Quote
Private Client Area
|Cuesta's OpenPages™ Web Site Technology
Cuesta’s unique "OpenPages Toolkit" allows us to quickly construct complex, interactive Web sites. "OpenPages" uses open systems and component architecture to construct e-commerce and business Web site solutions. "OpenPages" is a UNIX-based rapid application development environment that creates cookie-free, dynamically generated Web applications with database extensions. All solutions are independent of vendor-proprietary applications.
The Cuesta Web development system uses state-maintenance programming (without cookies), programmable, dynamically-generated Web pages with database extensions, a Web page component architecture, sophisticated forms technology, very detailed visitor tracking, a super-fast database search engine, and secure transaction processing. Want to know more about cookies? Here's what eHow and Cookie Central have to say about cookies.
| Our Solution
Unlike competitors' products, OpenPages provides a comprehensive, integrated solution to the problem of creating commercial Web sites. Because it uses an Open Systems approach based upon industry-standard high level programming languages and widely-adopted technologies, OpenPages is not subject to the limitations of vendor-proprietary applications.
| Acclaim for OpenPages™
"Cuesta's OpenPages combines the flexibility and easy learning curve of the Tcl scripting language with other Web development languages such as HTML and Java. The result is an ingenious system that allows highly interactive, complex Web sites to be constructed amazingly quickly."
- Dr. John Ousterhout, Distinguished Engineer, Sun Microsystems
|OpenPages™ was created to achieve the following technical and design goals:
- Ease of development without the hassles of creating, maintaining and updating CGI code
- Dynamically-generated Web pages
- State maintenance programmability
- Web site organization and intelligent navigation
- Separation of code, data, interface
- Easy-to-construct, intelligent forms for data input and automatic processing of forms data
- Database integration, not just "connectivity"
- Anonymous visitor activity tracking
- User registration and demographic reporting
- Secure order processing
- Ease of maintenance and updating
- Truly re-usable code
- Incorporate industry-standard technologies, system resources such as encrypted e-mail, Java etc.
- Web site construction in the hands of designers - not programmers
- Rapid application development, prototyping, testing and deployment
|OpenPages™avoids (or minimizes) the negative effect of the following:
- Pain and performance degradation of CGI programming
- Limitations of third party tools
- Programming in C, C++, Java
- Expense and overhead of general-purpose database engines
- Use of "cookies"